Each week, we come to you with ideas from the Mouse on how you can grow your small business. In this episode we’re discussing the recent Walt Disney Co. layoffs due to COVID-19, and how sometimes there are parts of being a business owner that aren’t easy or fun.
The Parks and Resorts division of Disney has been the hardest hit by the pandemic, and over 28,000 jobs are being eliminated as Disneyland continues to be closed and Disney World has reduced capacity. Listen now to hear our tips for how to best hire and let go of contractors or employees as an entrepreneur.
Listen now and discover:
- How Walt Disney World is taking precautions for COVID so they can operate safely, and why Disneyland’s continued closure has led to lay offs, even in Florida
- Why you should never rush into a new hire and how to determine if they’ll be a good fit for your business
- Ways to support your new hire to ensure a successful first few weeks
- How to evaluate when it’s time to let-go of an employee
- Why it’s important to part ways on good terms
Your small business takeaways:
- Understand that some days, you’re going to have to do things you don’t want to do or don’t enjoy—it’s part of being a business owner
- Take your time when considering adding a new team member
- Always end work relationships on a positive note, you never know when you’ll work with them again
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Our email subscribers get an extra sprinkle of pixie dust in their weekly emails—head to magic.pixiedustandprofits.com to join the list now!
- Follow us on Instagram @pixiedustandprofits