Each week, we come to you with ideas from the Mouse on how you can grow your small business. In this episode, we are giving real-life examples of how Disney is pivoting its business in a strategic (and compassionate) way to ensure Cast Member and customer loyalty.
We also discuss how Disney continues to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, from their open-ended announcement that they’d remain closed “until further notice” to their on-going charitable support despite a significant loss of revenue.
“I just thought of one thing that’s permanent. Love.” Olaf, Frozen II
At the end of 2019, we outlined an entire season of Pixie Dust & Profits.
It included everything from the Disney inspiration, to why we chose the topic, to the actionable lessons and tips for your small business.
We dreamed up the extra value that we could provide in content upgrades and small mini-lesson. (It’s how our Innovating & Investing Workshop came to be in fact.)
But while planning ahead is second nature to us as Strategy & Operations consultants… we’re also big on planning for change.
Generally, we recommend you revisit your goals and projects on a quarterly basis so you can adjust your marketing and strategy as needed.
Amidst all of the uncertainty in the world right now, it only made sense to take a look at our planned content and rework some things to make it more relevant to the current climate.
This week on the podcast, we discuss how Disney continues to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, from their open-ended announcement that they’d remain closed “until further notice” to their on-going charitable support despite a significant loss of revenue.
Listen now and discover:
- The actions Disney is taking to pivot their business and how you can consider them for your own business
- Disney’s projected re-open date and the complications that may arise due to the airlines not recovering by then
- Just how much money Disney is losing per day
- How their plan for short-term losses when they launched Disney+ is affecting their revenue now
- The financial sacrifices the people in charge of Disney are making in order to support their entire team, business, and culture
- Ways Disney is supporting their communities by donating unused resources, such as food and rain ponchos
Your small business takeaways:
- Remember, we are in this together and we will see the other side
- Think about your team when you have to make financial adjustments—do it with as much compassion and integrity as you can
- Options to change how you are doing your payment plans for clients and customers
- Strategies for pushing back and coming to a middle agreement on contacts or projects if necessary for your business
- Ways to adjust your in-person events to maintain customer and brand loyalty
- How being flexible in the short term and working with your customers now will have lasting impacts on your business in the long term
- Disney Comes Together to Support Communities and Caregivers During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How to Communicate During Uncertain Times: PR Tips in Responding to COVID-19 from Courtney Love Gavin
- Shifting Your Content Strategy Amid COVID-19 with Uncanny Content
- Legal Tips & Coronavirus Resources for Your Small Business from The Contract Shop®
- While you wait for the next episode grab our bundle of business bonuses
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Follow us on Instagram @pixiedustandprofits