Each week, we come to you with ideas from the Mouse on how you can grow your small business. In this episode, we’re exploring strategies Disney uses to entice their customers to buy more.
Upselling is a powerful strategy for your small business too, whether you are a service- or product- based business.
Ever find yourself adding just *one* more thing to your shopping cart simply because you want to earn that free shipping discount?
For business owners, it’s a pretty powerful tactic for increasing the average order value (AOV) of their shopping carts.
Let’s say your average customer spends $40 when they place an order on your website: If you start running a FREE SHIPPING promotion for all orders over $50, you’ll very quickly see your AOV increase.
If shipping your products snail-mail style averages $6 in cost, you’ve just made $4 more than you would have without the promotion AND your customers are happier because they didn’t have to pay for shipping.
Listen now and discover:
- Different promotional strategies Disney uses to entice upsells and cross sells
- How customer mentality and spending habits influence Disney’s offers and options for each type of customer
- Why some customers opt for pre-paid packages, such as Disney’s dining option, and why others choose to save money by opting out of these options
- The importance of testing your upsells for planning purposes
Your small business takeaways:
- A variety of ways you can encourage more sales, whether you’re a product- or service-based business owner
- How a customer journey map can help you decide what to sell, when, and to whom
- Create a variety of similar products at various price points to encourage your customer to buy more to reach a promotion or free shipping
- Why you should plot how to cross sell to your customers based on where they are and what they need
- While you wait for the next episode grab our bundle of business bonuses
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Follow us on Instagram @pixiedustandprofits